CPJ is committed to finding the best candidate for all vacancies. The procedure is as follows:
- Checking internally for a suitable candidate
- If unsuccessful, an advertisement will be placed in the media
- All applicants will be reviewed. Every effort will be made to contact all candidates
- Interviews may be via phone or face to face and will initially be done by HR along with a supervisor or manager from the department with the vacancy.
- Once selected, an employment offer letter will be sent to the candidate.
- *For any management position, the CEO or COO must interview the candidate.
Most jobs at CPJ require that the applicants provide the following:
- Proof of education
- Food Handler Permits – if the position requires handling of products, eg Sales, Attendants, Drivers, Side-men and Merchandisers.
- Two recommendations – one professional and one character
- Valid National Identification
- National Insurance Scheme (NIS) number
- Tax Registration Number (TRN)
- Two passport size pictures
- Current Police record
No employee will be allowed to commence work before he has presented his National Insurance & Tax Registration Numbers.
Medical examination – The Company reserves the right to request an employee to be medically examined at any time in its discretion, particularly where the employee is required to handle food products. The cost of this examination shall be borne by the company.
Random drug test policy – The Company maintains the right at any time to demand an employee to be subject to a random drug test and will if necessary withhold the confirmation of employment pending the results of said drug tests.
Caribbean Producers Jamaica Limited has no restriction on hiring relatives of staff. However, nepotism (having a relative report to the manager or supervisor) is prohibited.
Change of address – Employees must immediately notify the Human Resource Department of any change of address.